If you didn't spend each day stuck someplace during the pandemic, you've probably used a sharing program or screen recording. There are several instances in work, school, and everyday life in which you may be required to make a video and share what's on your pc screen.
Perhaps you need to make a training session for a client or coworker that walks them through a certain computing operation. Perhaps you're using a Mac or PC to capture your screen and then adding narration to Powerpoint presentations or Google Slides. Or maybe you're a gamer that wants to show off your skills to everyone else. This is where a decent screen-capturing software tool comes in handy.
It can be hard to test a dozen alternative screen recorders. Although you do not need to ponder, we reviewed the top 3 best Loom alternatives that will make your video-producing process much easier. But first, let’s discuss what Loom is.
What is Loom?
It differs from Zoom, Google Meet, or FaceTime since it is one-way, which means you only can record yourself and your computer screen and then share the completed video with everybody else through a shareable link.
Loom works on nearly every platform. It has a webpage, Chrome extensions, desktop software for both Mac and Windows, and Android and iOS mobile applications. But, the functions provided by each app differ.
On iOS, for instance, it cannot record in both the display and camera mode, whereas the Android app can only capture in camera mode. Moreover, the Chrome addon is only capable of recording using Chrome Browser. Although Loom has its best features, it also has its drawbacks.
Loom Pricing List
Unlike many productivity and remote-work solutions that are expensive and have numerous versions, Loom pricing is straightforward. It only has three major plans: starter, business, and enterprise, as well as a separate one for teachers as part of their specialized Loom educational plan. The schooling plan is completely free.
Why Look for Loom Alternatives?
1. There are limited features to offer
Loom is intended to serve as a straightforward app, yet it does not justify the app's nearly non-existent set of features. The software can only assist you with recording your computer screen and you, as well as trimming the video. That's about it.
2. Different types of bugs
Many users reported various kinds of bugs and errors in the tool. In certain recordings, the audio and video don't even sync, and Loom occasionally stops filming without warning.
3. It is inconsistent
If you're not using Chrome Browser, you'll have to get the desktop client, which isn't the most user-friendly browser extension.
Is It Worth It to Use Loom?
When used in group work, Loom glows brightly. For instance, it could serve as the ideal software for one-way communication, such as communicating corporate developments and making new staff onboarding videos.
Top 5 Loom Alternatives
While Loom is among the most commonly used software for video capture, not everybody prefers or is capable of using it. Either you aren't satisfied with the UI, or perhaps it lacks the particular functionality you're searching for in a screen capture tool.
These other fantastic Loom reasonable alternatives will allow you to capture your screen, tweak the video you record, and present it to your viewers. I'll go through every tool, how well it matches Loom, and when they should be used instead.
For capturing Google Chrome browser actions, Vidyard is a better option than Loom. The option that allows you to extend or collapse the camera display sticks out. However, the browser plugin only allows you to capture Chrome windows. You could also record your desktop using the Vidyard application, but it is too wonky, and you'll need to be using the browser application to customize your video rather than the app. The desktop software immediately shuts down after recording, so you have to reopen it to record again.
- Video optimization is the process of automatically processing your videos with subtitles and metadata in order to rank higher in search results.
- Video sharing lets you send videos by email, upload content on websites, or publish them to social networking platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- The engagement alerts feature informs you when somebody watches your video presentation.
- Easily record your browser screen by clicking on the extension icon
- Edit your video with Vidyard’s simple video editor once done
- Smaller app size than Loom
- Mobile application available
- Vidyard’s desktop app is buggy
- All plans are billed annually
- Free - If you're just starting with video, this option could be a perfect place to start, mainly if you're doing things on your own.
- Pro – If you want to expand on some of the features consider upgrading to the Pro plan. This plan costs $15 per month for a single account.
- Teams - For $300 a month, this is the starting tier, which is appropriate for businesses including more than three users.
- Business - Vidyard's last tier, Business, covers all functionalities and integrations. This category, which charges $1,250 monthly, is suitable for groups of five or more members.
CloudApp is another excellent option for Loom. It allows you to record your webcam and screen. CloudApp's unique feature is the ability to upload videos directly into the cloud.
You can add your face to the webcam to provide a more personally tailored experience for your coworkers. It also enables annotations, which allow you to add comments or clips to your finished work. CloudApp's capability to build gifs is an additional advantage that adds to its appeal.
- Webcam Screen Record makes it possible to capture your face on the display for a more personalized experience.
- Annotations can be used to add text or clips to your screen records.
- GIFs can be created instantly from short recordings.
- Share your video via email, link, social media, or download it.
- Link-sharing allows you to easily publish your video messages to anybody.
- The editing feature allows you to easily cut and chop videos.
- CloudApp is the greatest collaboration option for your business. It is really simple to use and extremely versatile for both screenshots and movies.
- The interface is slightly more complicated than comparable programs, and a few useful functions are difficult to navigate.
- A lot of the application's features are only accessible to paying subscribers.
- Free - You can make an infinite number of screenshots and notes with the free plan. Your screen recordings and GIFs, however, will be restricted to 15 seconds.
- Individual - Individual users pay $9.95 a month for Unlimited Video Recording, Enhanced Editing, and Customized Sharing Options.
- Team - This package requires a minimum of three users. The monthly fee begins at $8 per user. You receive all of the features of the individual plan as well as basic administrative controls.
- Enterprise - The monthly cost of this plan is adjustable. You get all the benefits of the individual and team plans, plus transcription and SSO.
Screencast-O-Matic is a fantastic Loom alternative with a user-friendly interface, enabling you to record screen captures and create engaging videos effortlessly. But what sets it apart? Its unique feature - video editing capabilities - allows you to cut, trim, and add captions to your videos, keeping your audience hooked!
- Screen Recording and Editing: Offering seamless screen capture and video editing capabilities, Screencast-O-Matic ensures that creating professional-looking videos is a piece of cake!
- Webcam Recording: Need to add a personal touch to your videos? Screencast-O-Matic's webcam recording feature is just what the doctor ordered.
- Stock Library: Hunting for the perfect visuals? Look no further! Screencast-O-Matic's extensive stock library boasts a treasure trove of images, videos, and music.
- Intuitive user interface
- Robust video editing tools
- Integrations with popular platforms such as Google Drive and YouTube
- Limited features in the free version
- Video length restrictions in the basic plan
Starting at just $1.65/month for the Deluxe plan, it's a steal! For more advanced features, the Premier plan costs $4/month.
Enter Camtasia - a powerful Loom alternative for those who require professional video editing and screen recording features. Camtasia's feature-rich environment includes annotations, callouts, and even the ability to add quizzes to your videos. It's perfect for educators, marketers, and businesses looking to create interactive and polished videos.
- Intuitive Video Editing: With Camtasia's user-friendly interface, making polished videos is a walk in the park.
- Animations and Effects: Want to take your videos to the next level? Camtasia's animations and effects let you unleash your creativity, making your content truly stand out.
- Interactive Quizzes: Engaging your audience has never been easier, thanks to Camtasia's interactive quiz feature. Now that's something worth trying, right?
- Advanced video editing options
- Interactive features such as quizzes and clickable links
- High-quality video output
- Steeper learning curve compared to other alternatives
- Higher pricing compared to similar tools
Camtasia comes with a one-time fee of $249.99, which includes updates for the current version. For those on the fence, there's a 30-day free trial to explore the tool before committing.
Edworking Stories is one of many features offered here at Edworking. In Stories, you can record your screen if you want to explain something to your team. You can also use it as a means of communication and your team can access it using any device.
Using Edworking Stories, you can communicate wisely within your team. Sharing your stories in specific tasks, spaces, or just to a member of your team. Choose between recording yourself or recording your screen!
More Edworking Features
- A straightforward UI that makes task management and communication a breeze, making it ideal for freelancers, consultants, agencies, marketing professionals, salesmen, and others.
- A video conferencing tool that is seamlessly integrated into productivity tools. Meet and work efficiently. One-on-one and group meetings
- Create, delete, and modify documents for your team, and share them with the public.
Why choose Edworking?
- It's an all-in-one productivity software for teams.
- It's not only about sharing videos but also about communication and organization in your team.
- Allows you to chat or make a video call with anyone on the team, regardless of where you are in the software or app.
- You may swiftly and easily assign and manage tasks, as well as send and receive files.
- It has an easy-to-use user interface.
- Other service subscriptions (such as Skype, Zoom, Google Drive, and so on) that bloat your remote work management expenses can be eliminated.
- Save time and effort because you already have all you need in one.
- Free – You can use Edworking for FREE forever!
- Premium – For only £10 a month, you have an access to unlimited tasks, storage, video calls, and more.
Yes, Loom is a video messaging tool that can replace lengthy emails and interminable video chats. The screen recorder is not particularly user-friendly and has only limited editing options. But, each platform has its advantages and disadvantages, and some are better at specific types of activities than others. However, if you are not looking just for a way to share your videos but for a way to communicate and invite your team Edworking is the suitable solution.
What is screen recording software?
Screen recording software, in a nutshell, is a tool that captures the activities happening on your computer or mobile device's screen. It's like having a camera that's constantly rolling, immortalizing every click, scroll, and keystroke you make. From creating instructional videos to capturing memorable gameplay moments, screen recording software has become an indispensable tool in the digital age.
Can I use these Loom alternatives for free?
We're glad you asked! The world of screen recording software is vast, and there are indeed several Loom alternatives that offer free versions or trials. While some of these options may have limitations in terms of features or recording time, they can be an excellent starting point for those on a budget. Here's a quick list to whet your appetite:
- OBS Studio: Open source and 100% free
- Screencast-O-Matic: Free version with basic features
- Apowersoft: Free online screen recorder
Remember, though, that sometimes investing in a premium option can unlock advanced features and support that can elevate your screen recording game!
What are some other features to consider when choosing screen recording software?
When you're on the hunt for the perfect Loom alternative, there's more to consider than just the price tag. Here are a few essential features to keep in mind as you navigate the software landscape:
- Ease of use: How steep is the learning curve? Can you hit the ground running or will it take hours of tutorials?
- Editing capabilities: Are there built-in tools for trimming, annotating, or adding effects to your recordings?
- Export options: Can you save your masterpiece in a variety of formats or share it directly to your favorite platforms?
- Customer support: Is there a responsive team to assist you when technical issues arise?
- Compatibility: Will the software play nicely with your operating system and devices?
It's a jungle out there, but armed with these considerations, you're well-equipped to find the Loom alternative that fits like a glove!
What are the main differences between Loom and its alternatives?
While Loom has earned its reputation as a powerful screen recording tool, it's essential to understand how its alternatives stack up in terms of features, pricing, and user experience. Some alternatives may offer a more intuitive interface, others might have better editing capabilities, and some may even provide more flexible pricing options. Comparing Loom to its alternatives can help you determine the best fit for your unique needs.
Can I use screen recording software for live streaming?
Great question! Some screen recording software, like OBS Studio or XSplit, is specifically designed to cater to live streaming needs. These tools allow you to broadcast your screen in real-time, making them ideal for streamers, educators, or anyone looking to host webinars or virtual events. When searching for Loom alternatives, consider whether live streaming is a feature you need.
Is my data secure with these Loom alternatives?
Do these Loom alternatives offer team collaboration features?
Collaboration is key in today's fast-paced digital landscape. Some Loom alternatives prioritize team collaboration, offering features such as shared libraries, real-time editing, and project management tools. If you're part of a team or working on a group project, keep an eye out for screen recording software that can foster seamless collaboration.
How important is customer support when choosing a screen recording software?
Strong customer support can be a lifesaver when you encounter technical issues or need guidance on using specific features. When assessing Loom alternatives, consider the availability of customer support, such as chat assistance, email, or a help center with tutorials and FAQs. Having access to reliable support can make your screen recording journey much smoother.